- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 1-866-744-3447
- Masters of Science (Midwifery), 1996 -1997 University of Wollongong, Australia
- Bachelor in Health Studies (Nursing), 1991-1992 University of Western Sydney, Australia
- Registered Nursing Diploma, 1985 -1988 Foothills School of Nursing, Calgary
- Craig Cunningham Memorial Award for Teaching Excellence
- Mental health (acute and forensic)
- Maternal/child (midwifery)
Teaching & Learning Interests
- Community health
- Mental health
- Community development
- Non-profit community endeavours that focus on community integration and physical health (e.g. fundraising and coordination of outdoor skating rink/sports arena; playground at local school; and accessible inner city part park).
Scholarship and Research Interests
- The student experience in on-line education
- College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta
Corcoran, L., Lane, A., Weare, A., & Perry, B. (2017). Online teaching and learning for clinical practice: Using simulation in a mental health nursing course. Presentation. World Conference for Online Learning. Toronto, Ontario, Canada. October 2017.
Lane, A.M., Corcoran, L., Weare, A., & Perry, B. (2017). An online course using simulated clinical experiences in mental health nursing practice. Mental Health Practice, 21(2), 13-17.
Petrovic, K., Schroeder, R., Mann, J., Lane, A.M., & Weare, A. (2017). Engaging post- secondary students in online learning ~ A constructivist humanist approach. Conference proceeding from 27th ICDE World Conference on Online Learning, October 16-19, Toronto, ON.
Roder, R., Corcoran, L., Krell. K., & Weare, A. (2013). Exploring the Usability of Online Courses: The Student Experience. Poster Presentation. 6thInternational Barcelona Conference on Higher Education, Global University Network for Innovation. Barcelona, Spain. May 15, 2013.