Dr. Steven Johnson
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 1-877-848-6903
- Postdoctoral Fellow (2009) Physical Activity and Population Health (PAPH) Research Lab Faculty of Physical Education and Recreation University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB
- Postdoctoral Fellow (2008) Department of Pediatrics and Child Health Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry/Pediatric Centre for Weight & Health, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB
- Doctor of Philosophy (2007) Nutrition and Metabolism Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB
- Master of Science (2000) Nutrition and Metabolism University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK
- Bachelor of Science (1997) Human Nutrition College of Pharmacy and Nutrition University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK
- Clinical and community-based lifestyle interventions for preventing and managing obesity, type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
- Post-Gestational Diabetes Mellitus lifestyle interventions
- Workplace wellness for men
- Sleep health
- Johnson ST, Bottorff J, Oliffe J, Caperchione C. (2018). POWERPLAY: Building employee health and safety through prevention. Alberta Ministry of Labour - Occupational Health & Safety Futures Program ($186,919/1 year).
- Johnson ST, Ye M, Mathe, Vallance J, Johnson JA. (2018). Examining Dietary patterns, physical activity and cancer risk from the Albert's Tomorrow Project. Alberta Cancer Foundation ($10,000/1 year).
- Prado C (PI), Johnson ST, Lieffers J, Wales L. (2018) Experience and health impact if university students accessing a digital nutrition, fitness and mindfulness platform. Canadian Foundation for Dietetic Research ($19,760/1 year).
- Caperchione C (PI), Johnson ST, Davies K, Bottorff JL, Oliffe JL, Hunt K, Sharp P. Development, Delivery and evaluation of the HAT TRICK train-the-trainer module. Micheal Smith Foundation for Health Research - Reach Award ($19,760/2 years).
- Johnson ST, Storey K, Johnson JA. (2016) Enhancing glycemic index knowledge and application among adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Canadian Foundation for Dietetic Research and the Dannone Institute of Canada ($25,996/1 year).
- Caperchione C (PI), Johnson ST, Bottorff JL, Oliffe JL, Hunt K. (2016). Hockey fans in training (HAT-TRICK Program). Canadian Cancer Society Research Institute - Innovation Grant ($199,780/2 years).