After you successfully complete the Post-LPN BN program, you will achieve or exceed the following program learning outcomes:
- Engage in baccalaureate registered nursing practice compliant with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA) current Entry-to-Practice Competencies for the Registered Nurses Profession while demonstrating registered nursing practice consistent with the present:
- CARNA Nursing Practice Standards and all other CARNA standards and guidelines
- CNA Code of Ethics for Registered Nurses
- Health Professions Act (HPA), the practice statement in Schedule 24 of HPA, and the Registered Nurses Profession Regulation
- Common law, provincial and federal legislation that directs practice
- Integrate concepts of population health, primary health care and health promotion while working with individuals, families and communities with complex alterations in health.
- Synthesize theory, evidence-based practice and research while working with individuals, families and communities with complex alterations in health.
- Model leadership behaviours such as reflection, advocacy and integrity to influence self and others toward goal achievement.
- Function effectively as a baccalaureate registered nurse utilizing critical inquiry processes to act in situations of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Work collaboratively with other disciplines and across health care sectors.
- Incorporate personal integrity, responsibility and accountability in employment, community activities and further study.
- Demonstrate commitment to scholarship and lifelong learning that includes self-reflection, self-direction and technological innovation.
Canadian Nurses Association. (2008). Code of Ethics for Registered Nurses. Ottawa, ON. Retrieved from https://www.cna-aiic.ca/~/media/cna/files/en/codeofethics.pdf
College & Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta. (2013, May). Entry-to-practice competencies for the Registered Nurses profession. Edmonton, AB. Retrieved from http://www.nurses.ab.ca/content/dam/carna/pdfs/DocumentList/Standards/RN_EntryPracticeCompetencies_May2013.pdf
College & Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (2013, January). Practice Standards for regulated members. Edmonton, AB. Retrieved from http://www.nurses.ab.ca/content/dam/carna/pdfs/DocumentList/Standards/PracticeStandards_CNA_Ethics_2008.pdf
College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta. (2006). Entry-to-Practice Competencies. Edmonton, AB: Author.
College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta. (2003). Nursing Practice Standards. Edmonton, AB: Author.
Council of Ministers of Education, Canada. (2007). Ministerial Statement on Quality Assurance of Degree Education in Canada: Canadian Degree Qualifications Framework. Retrieved from http://www.cmec.ca/Publications/Lists/Publications/Attachments/95/QA-Statement-2007.en.pdf